If you’re like most wholesale distributors, your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is the backbone of your organization. It helps you track inventory, coordinate operations, properly manage your finances, and more. Yet, it may be time for an upgrade. In this blog post, we’ll reveal the five signs that indicate an ERP system upgrade is necessary.
Signs It’s Time to Upgrade Your ERP System Include:
- You’re using an On-Premise ERP system – Though On-Premise isn’t accessed through the internet and can’t be used outside of a physical workspace, it can be used on different mobile and handheld devices. Sure, legacy On-Premise ERP systems serve their purpose for some distribution companies, but you gain more in features, agility, and flexibility when you move your operations to a cloud-based system.
- It’s been more than a few years since you last upgraded your ERP system. Perhaps you took the leap a few years back and invested in an On-Premise ERP system for example. It likely helped streamline your operations some, but fast forward a few years – is your ERP still serving you as it should? If you answered “no,” then it’s time to reevaluate. Moving to the cloud is ideal because the technology allows for your system to be automatically upgraded to the latest software updates. Technology changes quickly, and your ERP system needs to keep up to remain effective, and for your business to be competitive in the industry.
- Your business has experienced significant growth over a short period – If your business operations have grown significantly since implementation, even in just a few years, it’s likely not keeping up with the demands of your growing business. An upgrade to a cloud-based ERP system will ensure your distribution operations are transparent, flexible, and scalable to grow with your business. Company expansion is a main reason distribution companies make the move to the cloud!
- Most of your business is operated remotely – The Covid-19 pandemic was a catalyst for plenty of work-from-home (WFR) job roles which has also sparked a renewed interest in replacing legacy ERP systems. Employees need remote access which also affords multiple employees to seamlessly collaborate with team members in unison. Several disparate programs including a large collection of Excel spreadsheets used outside of the system no longer work in today’s world. It creates inefficiencies and leaves more room for human error. Your chosen ERP system must be sophisticated for remote operation, and that includes being able to generate detailed reports used for analysis and decision-making.
- Employees have voiced concerns about interface features and functionality – If your employees have voiced concerns about the technology in place, it’s time to take note. You need a solution in place that facilitates the job roles of everyone involved. Whether it’s warehouse staff, sales, or administration just to name a few, take the time to hear your employees when they tell you the current ERP system lacks certain features and functionality required to effectively do their jobs. If you’re already using a cloud-based ERP system, perhaps all the software needs is personalization for each department’s specific use. A modern and personalized user interface will be easier for your employees to use and leads to increased productivity.
An ERP Solution is a large investment and moving your business to the cloud is a process, but it’s likely JUST what your organization needs – a central hub, critical to your success, with the current technology to easily share data across your organization with the likelihood of a high adoption rate by employees across various departments.
If you’re ready to generate a BIG IMPACT way of doing business, contact us today for everything you need to know about Infor’s ERP solutions for the distribution industry. Explore our website for more details and continue reading for more information about Infor pulled from their company website.
Infor CloudSuite™ Distribution Enterprise is an industry-leading ERP software solution for wholesale distributors. It’s built with capabilities that are designed specifically for the wholesale distribution industry and its subsegments. The solution provides an exceptional user experience and powerful analytics in a multi-company, multi-country, and multi-site environment. This innovative, digital platform in the cloud enables distributors to continuously adopt new technologies and industry-specific capabilities.
Here are your signs it’s time to upgrade your ERP system. Reach out to our team of experts here OR 516.240.6020 to get started.